It happens to the best of us. You had a great vacation. You took 1,000 adorable pictures of your friends and family. You picked up a few cute souvenirs and your kids are snuggling their favorite new plush toy every night at bedtime. Heart full. Then a few days pass, your legs aren’t sore anymore from walking (or running), it’s cold outside, and you are mostly back to normal. The problem is that normal is not as magical as Disney World and the post-Disney blues are REAL. What’s a girl to do? I had the post-Disney blues hard last weekend and I’m finally coming out of it.
Here are a few of my tips and tricks to transfer some of that Disney goodness back into normal life. You CAN beat the sadness that is departing Disney World.
- Print your photos. Look through your photos from your trip and actually print some of them. When you see cute photos on your wall (or fridge) from your trip, you will be sure to smile. If you ran a RunDisney race, you can also display your medals in the same fashion, just make sure to put them somewhere you’ll see them frequently.
- Distract yourself. I started painting our kitchen cabinets.
- Watch Disney+ and check out your favorite films that inspired Disney World. Missing Rise of the Resistance? Watch one of your favorite Star Wars Movies! Dreaming of that lunch at Cinderella’s Royal Table? Watch Cinderella. It’s not the same I know, but it still something to reconnect to the fun.
- Go see a new Disney film! We plan on checking out Disney Pixar’s Onward in theaters this weekend.
- Use your souvenirs. Wear the shirt you bought. Drink coffee from your Disney coffee mug. Did you buy a Mickey Mouse cookie cutter? Make Mickey-shaped cookies and share them with your Disney-loving friends.
- Recreate a favorite part of your trip. Make DIY Dole Whip. Enjoy Veuve Clicquot champagne and macarons like they serve at the France Pavillion of Epcot. Run in your race t-shirt from Disney Princess Half Marathon weekend. Have a mad tea party like Alice in Wonderland with your kids.
- Plan a new trip! Never view your vacation as the last time you’ll visit. Always go into it with the thought that you’ll be back again and next time it will be even better. Spend the time between now and your next travel date learning all about the new things. Maybe next time you’ll try a Disney Cruise, a Run Disney event, a seasonal party, or stay at the Grand Floridian? The sky is the limit on your vacation dreams.
- Consider Disney Vacation Club Membership. If you think you’ll be back at Disney World or other Disney destinations, cruises, etc. it might be worth a call or visit to Disney Vacation Club to see if it’s a good fit for your family.
My favorite way to beat the Disney blues is definitely to plan a new trip (or think of what friends I can convince to run a Disney half marathon). How do you beat the post-Disney World blues? What have I missed?